Client Overview :
Client is a market-leading specialty insurer that offers a wide range of property and casualty insurance products to corporations. We are supporting Customer with all the QA tasks related to routine testing work and project initiatives for the past 4+ yrs.
- Absence of mature testing processes and methodologies for Agile testing
- Complex systems and 3rd party systems to integrate such as Dun & Brad Street, Medical State Board, Billing Applications, and Verity.
- No test automation being adopted for functional/regression testing.
- No innovations in testing and every test activity were done manually. Test accelerators not being used for complex business scenarios. E.g.: PL Rater Harness was undergoing enhancement for E&O Line of Business, which had to be validated for 52 states and with 40+ rating factors with aggressive timelines.
- Lack of test approach and testbed for Analytical Models testing (predictive models).
- Process policies faster than paper application/legacy system
- Streamline and simplify underwriting platform for efficiency
- Reduce operational costs
- Centralize operations
- Achieve data transportation
- Tool set: Jira, UFT 14.0, Selenium, Test Magic, Azure cloud computing platform. ETL
- Team Size: 22+
- Focus on innovation: Test accelerator for Rating is built in-house to support testing
- 50% regression effort is saved by automation using UFT
- Deployment of a continuous automation tool, Test Magic, for a large bond rollout program
- Development of Selenium Automation Framework (keyword-driven), which can facilitate automation right at the design phase. The framework can automatically build scripts based on reusable components
- Quality Maturity Assessment to establish a Testing CoE
- Availability of good knowledge repository through application reference manuals for all the critical applications
- Metric program to measure productivity and quality
- Optimized resource utilization by cross-training and utilizing resources across multiple applications